1. Turn off the TV news. Instead, light candles and put on music.
2. Notice even the smallest of your daily accomplishments instead of what you DIDN’T get done. Keep a “success list!”
3. Remember that we get what we focus on in life. Focusing on good points in yourself and others will bring MORE of them.
4. Take a “senses walk” for 20 minutes, 4 times a week. Notice the breath in your lungs, the smell of the air, the change of the seasons. Outdoor light and exercise both stimulate serotonin production, lifting mood.
5. Take a few minutes daily to “hibernate.” Close your door, remove your shoes, dim the lights, and focus on what makes you happy.
6. Breathe in to the slow count of four. Hold it four slow counts. Release in four slow counts. Repeat until you feel the muscles relax all over!
7. Stay aware of your thoughts.
8. Don’t take on another person’s bad mood. Guard yourself, removing yourself from their company if necessary.
9. Find freedom by letting go of criticizing and complaining about yourself or someone else.
10. If you need to make changes, act NOW. Don’t put off health or happiness!